Required! - a Teacher of RE who is passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are very proud that in 2014 we received an SSAT award for our students being in the top fifth of schools nationally when looking at their progress across a broad range of subjects. We are also delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We are currently in consultation to join the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, with whom we are already working collaboratively, accessing training opportunities through the Teaching School at St James’s, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place this year.
We are looking for a qualified teacher who:
- is an acknowledged good to outstanding practitioner or demonstrates the potential to be so
- has a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching
- can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues
- can enthuse and motivate colleagues and students to work hard and try their best
- is willing to develop the course to best deliver outstanding outcomes to all students irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- actively shares good practice and seeks to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- a springboard for an ambitious professional looking to progress their career
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a Childcare Voucher Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note that if the MAT is established, then employment would transfer to the MAT.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk, or contact the Head of School of Faith & Social Sciences- Rachael Robinson email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or in the event of difficulty download an application form from our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
References will be sort prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 5th February 2018