Teacher of RE required - Spring Term 2021
The Governors of St Ursula’s Convent School invite applications from highly motivated, inspirational and outstanding teachers for the post of Teacher of RE from Spring term 2021 or this can be extended to September 2021 for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head of Department in strategically leading and delivering the curriculum, and will have shared responsibility for the overall effectiveness in providing the highest quality of RE education for all our students in our outstanding school. A practising catholic would be preferred.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher with a proven track record who:
• Has commitment to and understanding of education
• Has experience in raising standards
• Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Is an outstanding teacher
The successful candidate will:
• Join a forward-looking, high achieving school
• Contribute to the wider improvement of the School.
• Be a driven and professional character that is committed to your students as well as your
• Be joining a supportive department, who like to work on the same wavelength.
What we can offer you:
• Constant feedback outlines that the school is welcoming, friendly and supportive.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• You can ensure that your well-being is a high priority.
St Ursula’s Convent School is an outstanding school where:
• It is a pleasure to teach
• Students are ambitious and aspire to be the very best
• All staff have exceptionally high standards and expectations
• Senior Leaders and all teachers are passionate about making a difference
• Governors are strongly supportive of the school.
St Ursula’s is an outstanding, highly oversubscribed Catholic girl’s school with a reputation for excellence. (Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007). As a Teaching School, we are strongly committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff.
St Ursula’s Convent School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy can be viewed on our website. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Further details can be found on the school website.
School tours / Completed applications and / or any enquires should be sent to Diane Williams, School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are only able to accept fully completed school application forms, stand-alone CVs will not be considered.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 18th January 2021 at mid-day
Interview dates TBC
St Ursula's Convent School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 16 years
Our History & Ethos
The school was established in 1877 by the Ursuline Order and continues to have as its inspiration the spirit and traditions of the congregation. As an Ursuline school we have been entrusted by St Angela, our foundress, t...