Teacher of Religion and World Studies, and some lower school History or Geography
Part time (0.6 FTE with 3.5 days off over a two-week timetable), temporary post to cover maternity leave
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher to join our very successful Humanities Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The faculty is at an exciting point in its development, with significant numbers of students opting for Humanities subjects at GCSE and A Level. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the Faculty in its continuing development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever-growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first-rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- All applicants will be registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.tes.com or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.00pm on Friday 17th September. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Monday 20th September and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on that date. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place w/c 20th September; will include a tour around the school, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Further details of the lesson will be sent out to the successful candidates.
Sir Graham Balfour High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years