St John’s RC Academy is looking to recruit a full-time teacher of Religious Education until June 2020 on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
The successful candidate should support the Mission and Ethos of the Catholic school by:
• Ensuring that the teachings, values and practices of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching.
• Supporting the sacramental, liturgical, ritual and prayer life of the school.
• Establishing positive relationships including engagement in the pastoral care of students and supporting their spiritual and moral development.
• Creating a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices.
• Working collaboratively with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
• Maintaining a high level of academic knowledge relevant to their teaching of the subject.
The successful applicant must hold the Catholic Teacher Certificate in Religious Education and will be required to attain the necessary paperwork from www.sces.uk.com to obtain approval from the Catholic Church Authorities.
For further information on this post, please contact Robert Staines on 01738 454300.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
Closing date: 12/11/2019
St John's Academy, North Inch Community Campus, Gowans Terrace, Perth