We are looking for a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Religious Studies to join our successful 11-18 comprehensive school. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and well qualified teacher to join a strong and successful Religious Studies Department.
The Religious Studies Department is part of the Social Science Faculty offering eight subjects. The faculty works closely as a team offering professional support in a friendly environment. Regular meeting time is given to the collaborative planning and sharing of resources and each member of the team is encouraged to take some responsibility for the management and development of the department.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Effective behaviour management
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of planning, assessment and record-keeping
• Commitment to further training and development
• Conscientious, enthusiastic and positive
• The ability to relate well to students, staff and parents
• Willingness and ability to be an effective tutor, if required
• Ability to teach KS5
• Willingness to teach PSHE
• Willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Evidence of improving practice by identifying and meeting CPD needs
The school was inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 and was judged as ‘good’ in every category. The GCSE examination results in 2018 were good, with excellent ‘A’ Level results.
In the meantime, if you have any queries about this role, or would like to arrange a site visit, please do not hesitate to contact Abbie Muchecheti (HR Manager) on 01993 848166 Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4:00pm (email firstname.lastname@example.org).