Teacher of Religious Studies
£2000 recruitment allowance considered for an appropriately experienced, outstanding applicant
Required for September 2018
Castle Hall is an exciting and popular Academy in the West Yorkshire town of Mirfield. Our students play an essential and increasing role in our development and we strive to ensure each and every one achieves the best possible outcomes.
We are seeking to appoint a committed and inspiring Teacher of Religious Studies to join a team which has achieved consistently strong results. We are open to all levels of experience, including newly qualified teachers. It would be advantageous if the successful candidate could also offer another subject.
In November 2016, an Ofsted inspection judged that Castle Hall required Special Measures. Upon visiting, we strongly believe that candidates will agree this doesn’t look or feel like an inadequate school, and we want to show everybody that it isn’t.
As a school we are tackling this journey to drive rapid improvement with efficiency and determination, and with a focus on students’ progress and welfare being placed at the core of our actions. We are very pleased that we have seen an improvement in our results, which place Castle Hall Academy above the national average on many measures, including progress, a fantastic achievement for all of the staff and students.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• Has a proven track record of successful teaching at KS3 and KS4
• Will plan and deliver successful, interesting and stimulating lessons
• Is committed to team work at all levels
• Is a motivational and positive ‘presence’ within the department and around the academy
• Has excellent subject knowledge and knowledge of current initiatives in Religious Studies
• The opportunity to teach in a supportive and caring school
• A highly skilled, committed, and supportive team
• A full CPD programme in order for you to reach your career goals and full potential
• Confident, happy and motivated students who are eager to learn and enjoy school
To have an informal, confidential discussion and to find out how to apply, please contact Paula Read at Hays Education on 0113 200 3710 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. These can be organised by contacting Paula Read at Hays Education.
The closing date for all applications is: 9:00am on Friday 18th May. Interviews will take place the following week.
We welcome applications from teachers who are ambitious to take a lead in raising achievement and transforming students’ learning experience. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.