- Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
- Total number on roll: 1,478 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 334
- A High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
- Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; the school’s Progress 8 score was +0.69 and 40% of GCSE entries were graded 7 to 9 in 2019.
- Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
- Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of The Coombe Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint, from September 2021, an enthusiastic, well-qualified and inspiring teacher to join our high-achieving RS Department. The post involves teaching across the age and ability range including contributing to the teaching of GCSE, and ‘A’ Level courses. Religious Studies is a popular and successful subject in the school. The ability to teach another subject would be an advantage. This post is suitable for a NQT looking to start an exciting new career or for an experienced teacher looking for a new and highly desirable post.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity in an outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan which is tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study
- Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership
- A successful NQT support program.
- Supportive department and Leadership Team
- Effective PPA allocation to allow for a better work/life balance
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle scheme and retail discounts.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly competent teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for their subject which is evident in their day to day teaching
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school
Coombe Girls' School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Coombe Girls’ is a popular and highly successful non-selective 11 – 18 school that is federated with its partner boys’ school to comprise the Coombe Secondary Schools Academies Trust, based in New Malden, Surrey.
Coombe Girls’ ...