Amity International School is looking to appoint an outstanding UK trained Science teacher for immediate start to work in Abu Dhabi.
Due to expansion, our premium school in Abu Dhabi, situated on a state-of-the-art 15 acre campus is looking to appoint the next wave of experienced secondary teachers to join our happy, friendly school.
Who are Amity? Established more than 20 years ago, Amity Education Group has an enrolment of 100,000 students, 3500 faculty, 17 top-ranked schools and pre-schools, 5 universities with campuses in Dubai, India, London, Singapore, Mauritius, China and Romania, offering globally benchmarked education from nursery to Ph.D. level.
We are seeking a well-qualified, enthusiastic and able graduate to teach Science to pupils in the secondary school. The Science department aims to develop curiosity and enjoyment in sciences as well as ensuring academic excellence. In addition to following the National Curriculum for England, the department has an active STEAM society which runs within the co-curricular programme to helps develop pupils’ creative and scientific skills within a more pupil-led context.
The School has fantastic dedicated Science facilities with spacious and well-equipped laboratories. Science is popular and the larger majority of pupils will go on to study separate sciences at GCSE.
The Successful applicant is likely to possess:
A good degree in a relevant subject(s)
Excellent subject knowledge
· A teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE)
· The motivation to develop excellent teaching and learning b sharing good practice
· The ability to stimulate and foster enthusiasm for Science
· An understanding of the necessity to monitor, assess and reporting on pupil progress and the ability to encourage responsibility in pupils for their learning
· A willingness to contribute to the wider objectives of the department
· An interest in developing links with other subjects across the curriculum
· A proven ability to build a positive and collaborative rapport with the other members of the school community
· An appreciation of the aims and ethos of Amity International School
Responsibilities of the position:
The role of a teacher in the secondary school at Amity is likely to include, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
· To teach a maximum of an 80% teaching timetable, carry out duties (up to four per week) and actively support the Co-Curricular Programme leading a minimum of two activities per week
· To encourage each pupil to reach their academic potential through enthusiastic and personalised teaching, tailored stretch and challenge, rigorous record keeping and follow up
· To be aware of and comply with all the School policies
· To develop and share schemes of work and resources
· To assist with covering colleagues as required
· To attend all meetings and additional training as required
· To prepare, invigilate and assess, as required internal and external tests and examinations
· To work within a House team as a Tutor
· To show an active interest in each child’s personal and domestic circumstances and to foster the personal and social developments of each pupil in your care
· To actively promote the social, moral and cultural ethos of the school community
· To be an ambassador of the school at all times
· To be familiar within all the school policies on Health and Safety and be proactive in ensuring the safety of all members of the school community at all times
· To promote exemplary behaviour and a responsible attitude amongst all pupils at all times
· To be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children
· To ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner
· To attend Parents’ Evenings, Assemblies, Productions, Sporting and Special Events
· To be responsible for all school and department resources particularly those in your care, reporting damage or loss to your line manager or the facilities manager, as appropriate
· To contribute to the School website, social media and publications as necessary
· To contribute to the School’s Self Evaluation and Development Plan
In return for your passion in delivering a quality education, we offer you a competitive tax- free salary, accommodation, an annual flight allowance, and healthcare.
Applications should contain a 2-page CV including a professional photo, a letter of application, passport copy, scanned degree certificate and the details of two professional referees. Please send completed applications to email@example.com.
Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi, or via skype. Start date for this position will be immediately/January 2019