International School of Modena
Role: IBDP Biology/MYP Science Teacher
Salary: upon application
Location: Modena, Italy
Contract type: Full Time, to start August 2020
Deadline for submission of applications: 9th April. Early applications will be viewed straight away
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
Interviews will be held via Zoom with the Coordinators and the Principal. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of IB Diploma Biology and IB MYP Integrated Science to join the Secondary School Science team, which currently consists of two other teachers who collaborate on all aspects of the IB programmes. The ideal candidate would be interested in teaching a range of abilities across the entire secondary school. A strong commitment to purposeful teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team of teachers.
Our school is made up of a strong team of individual specialists who have built a uniquely collaborative environment. As such, we expect our new colleague to be committed to such an approach, as well as to high standards and a desire to ensure an excellent profile for science within and beyond our school community.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
• Experience in teaching IB Diploma Biology desirable or equivalent 16-18 years pre-university level
• To be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• Established experience with a passion for teaching and the ability to provide an inspiring education
• Ability to stimulate and fascinate the interest of students for science and Biology
• An interest in concept-based curriculum and learning through inquiry
• To have a strong interest in curriculum development and authentic evaluation of learning
• To demonstrate ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff, maintaining a high standard of work at all times
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Why work with us?
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement
• IB professional development during employment
• A competitive salary
• Support settling into Italy with our Relocation Agents
• Free lunches cooked freshly by our on-site team
• A small, modern and colourful school where teachers are highly respected as professionals and afforded a good degree of autonomy to teach in a creative and exciting way
• A beautiful part of the world.
Located in the attractive and rural countryside, approximately 15 minutes from the city of Modena, the doors of the International School of Modena open every day to approximately 230 students of around 27 nationalities. A perfect structure for collaborative inquiry-driven study, an environment that will help them to grow to become active citizens of “a world without frontiers”. Our unique and stimulating campus, surrounded by open countryside, boasts an attractive design and excellent sport facilities, and is an ideal learning environment for students aged 3 and beyond.
IS Modena is a fully authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) continuum school offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18). We endeavour to deliver the International Baccalaureate programmes together with the school’s core values and the IB’s Learner Profile embodied in everything that we do. Both the school and the group to which it belongs, have an established record of success in the IB, from age 3 all the way through to admission to the world’s leading universities at age 18.
Perhaps most of note is the sense of collaboration that exists amongst all members of the school community. This is most evident in the way in which our highly qualified teachers and inquisitive students work towards a common goal of academic success which is seamlessly balanced with an inherent commitment to active global citizenship at every level.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://internationalschoolofmodena.it The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Our host city
Modena is located in the Emilia Romagna region of Italy which is world renowned for its outstanding food and wine production. Modena itself is famous for being the home of one of the World’s greatest tenors, Luciano Pavarotti and home to Ferrari motorcars as well as being the production centre for Balsamic vinegar. The city itself has some beautiful architecture and green spaces with a population of 185,000. Modena is centrally located in the north of Italy with the city of Bologna 20 minutes away, Verona just over an hour away and Florence about one and a half hours away. Milan can also be easily reached by train within two hours.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply via the TES including the following information:
- Letter of application, referring to the requirements of the job description;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head/Principal from most recent appointment)
All documents must be provided in English.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in late August 2021. Before this date a criminal record check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
The school takes safeguarding children very seriously and all staff will be subject to rigorous checks; the interview process will include safeguarding and staff conduct.
International School of Modena
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years