Teacher of Science.
TLR's are available for candidates seeking extra responsibility.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Bushey, Hertfordshire. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Science to its progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in April or September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Science at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. A-level teaching is also on offer! You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“From April / September 2021 we are looking to appoint an outstanding Science Teacher who is determined to make a difference and has a proven track record of success. We want to recruit the very best teachers who can consistently teach good or outstanding lessons. Additional remuneration is available for an exceptional candidate or someone with suitable experience looking to take on additional leadership responsibility.
What we are looking for:
• Someone who is forward thinking and capable of inspiring students through their passion for science
• A successful teacher who believes in bringing out the best in every student and who believes in the potential of all
• The ability to offer a science specialism up to KS5 is desirable but not essential
• An individual who can turn ideas and opportunities into success.
• Applications are welcome from NQTs, from more experienced colleagues who are looking for a change or someone considering returning to teaching where you will be fully supported
Why choose our school?
• We offer excellent opportunities for professional development and a bespoke programme of support and training based on individual needs
• Strong links with local primary schools have been established and good practice and ideas are shared
• Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
• Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
• Free gym membership to all employees across the Bushey St James Trust”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Science up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1390190 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1390190
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...