We are offering two fantastic opportunities to join the Morris Education Trust (MET) in the role of Science Teacher at Witchford Village College, a popular and growing 11-16 school, just two miles west of Ely. MET is a recently formed and fast-growing multi-academy trust, currently including two Village Colleges and a new special free school with an autism specialism. At Witchford Village College (WVC) there is also a specialist autism unit and we pride ourselves in inclusivity and opportunity for all.
The Science Department comprises of a team of specialist teachers delivering the AQA Trilogy and Separate Science specifications to GCSE. At Key Stage 3 the Department follows the Activate course. The KS3 course runs through Years 7 and 8 and then students begin GCSE Science in Year 9.
If you share our passion for education, and would want to play your part in securing “Excellence as Standard” as the default for all provision in College, then we can provide true scope to make a difference within our school and to the lives of our young people. Rated “Good” by Ofsted in October 2016, we are determined to build on that solid foundation.
- be a confident, effective teacher of Science, ideally with a physics or chemistry specialism
- be passionate about your subject with an infectious enthusiasm
- be able to motivate and develop the skills of your students
- be committed to a range of innovative teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies
- be an effective communicator and organiser
- be able to work as part of a team committed to high standards
In return, we offer
- a supportive, successful environment in which to work
- excellent and personalised professional development and learning
- scope for enhancing and developing your career
- on-site Gym/fitness suite
For a Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form please see www.witchfordvc.co.uk For an informal discussion please contact Brian Taylor, Lead Practitioner for Science at the College. email@example.com
Closing date for emailed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org (Laurinda Quinn, HR Manager): noon on 21st March 2018
Interviews are due to be held: 28th March 2018
Address: Witchford Village College, Manor Road, Witchford, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB6 2JA. Telephone Number: 01353 662053
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, both in the real and virtual world, and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please be aware that this appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.