TEACHER OF SCIENCE
(R&R available for suitably experienced candidate)
Required: September 2018
Do you believe that all students, no matter what their background, deserve a world-class education? Do you believe in the power of education to transform lives and breakdown social barriers? Are you committed to providing your students with the very best education possible? Then, wow, do we have a job for you!
The Science department at the Grange is undergoing a transformational journey. From September a completely new team will hit the ground running with the sole aim of becoming a beacon of best practice, not just in the school but across the trust and region. A new Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department have been appointed, both of whom have extensive experience of teaching and leading science at Twynham School. They will be joined by two further exceptional colleagues, one of whom could be you.
This is a tremendously exciting and rare opportunity for a talented and energetic colleague.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Teach science across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Improve outcomes for students in science and have a direct impact of students’ life chances
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
- Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an exceptional classroom teacher
- Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
- Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
- Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
- Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
- Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
The Grange School can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
- High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
- The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the TES website or by emailing visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd April
The Grange School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.