Teacher of Science
Our intake is expanding and we want you to grow with us and join our team dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for our students. We are seeking to recruit a teacher who will demonstrate commitment to our “Ambition for All” values by inspiring all students to achieve. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Science to join our fantastic faculty and strengthen an already excellent department within a STEM orientated school. This is an excellent opportunity to influence the future direction of the Science provision within our over-subscribed school in the heart of Corby.
You will be given all the freedom you need to be creative and you will be working with students who have chosen to be at a successful school. We welcome applicants from all Science disciplines and can offer you the next step in your career and give the opportunity to be both developed and challenged, whether you are an NQT or a more experienced practitioner. This position is for a September 2021 start.
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School include:
• A fixed 8 week term structure which allows for five standardised terms, meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
• As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture. You will be nurtured as a professional and encouraged in your own aspirations.
• You will be involved in networking opportunities to collaborate with other like-minded colleagues in our other schools.
• Within the Trust we have a dedicated Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub and all staff regularly attend professional development sessions either as participants or facilitators. The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the Trust, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows the Teaching School to offer exceptional opportunities for our staff.
We are looking for a September 2021 appointment and would welcome visitors if you wish to tour the school prior to application to experience our unique culture and learning environment in person. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Young on 01536 213100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form by e-mail to: Mrs Sarah Young at email@example.com.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 13th April 2021 – 5.00pm.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Corby Technical School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years