Required for September 2019
Teacher of Science
Job Reference Code: FA07/0901
Salary range: M1 – M6 depending on experience
Full time, permanent
We are looking for a happy, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher of Science with excellent subject knowledge and a strong desire to engage students in learning; our ideal candidate will have a background in physics teaching. Exceptional communication skills, a passion for the subject and a commitment to the continued development of their own pedagogy is essential. We welcome applications from NQTs.
• A ‘state of the art’ medium sized 11-16 mixed comprehensive Academy with approximately 875 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and with a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching, care and holistic school experience.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• A fully established CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• A welcoming and dedicated Science department consisting of seven motivated and experienced teachers, supported by one full –time and two part-time technicians
• A well-resourced department, compromising of six laboratories and three teaching classrooms.
• Secure high quality teaching and learning and lead by own example in the classroom.
• Understand your accountability for the performance standards of your students.
• Make a sustained and well-informed contribution to the physics provision at the Academy as well as whole Academy improvement strategies.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 12pm Sunday 24th February
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th February
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.