Teacher of Science x 2 – Furness Academy
Required for September 2021 - Job Reference Code: FET17/2801Salary range: M1 – M6 depending on experience - Full time, permanent post
Furness Education Trust is a multi-academy trust based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria serving the Furness Community, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park. Currently comprised of four academies including Furness Academy and three primary, the Trust aims to develop best practice in each school across the whole Trust, by collaborating and working together to give the best of everything to every child. Furness Academy is a growing school and we are seeking new staff to join our team to provide the same high quality learning experience that has brought Furness Academy its rising popularity.
We are looking for two positive, enthusiastic and inspiring teachers of Science to join our team. The successful applicant will have excellent subject knowledge and a strong desire to engage students in learning. Within the department you will find committed teachers with a passion for their subject who communicate effectively to ensure the success of our students. If you share these skills and have a desire to make a real difference to young peoples’ lives, then we would welcome your application. We particularly welcome applications from NQTs.
• A ‘state of the art’ medium sized 11-16 mixed comprehensive Academy with approximately 1100 students;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future;
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching, care and holistic school experience.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• An extensive induction programme with an allocated mentor and extensive programme of subject specific and whole school CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• A welcoming and dedicated Science department consisting of seven motivated and experienced teachers, supported by one full-time and two part-time technicians.
• A well resourced department, comprising of six laboratories and three teaching classrooms
• Opportunities to work across the Trust in different phases.
• Secure high quality teaching and learning and lead by own example in the classroom.
• Understand your accountability for the performance standards of your students.
• Make a sustained and well-informed contribution to the Science provision at the Academy as well as whole Academy improvement strategies.
• Work collaboratively with other schools in our Multi-Academy Trust.
• Work with the head of department and colleagues to develop departmental expertise and to enrich students learning including through trips and visits.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. This is a permanent post.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th February, 5:00pm Shortlisting: Thursday 25th February
Tour of the school: By appointment only w/c 15th February contact Deputy Headteacher:
Interviews: week commencing 8th March
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CVs with a fully completed application form.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years