DRONFIELD HENRY FANSHAWE SCHOOL
Green Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2FZ
Tel: 01246 412372
11-18 Comprehensive School NOR 1789
Headteacher: T.B. ROCHE
Required for September 2018
Teacher of Science MPS
Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School is a successful, oversubscribed school with 1789 students on roll including 286 in the Sixth Form. It is situated close to the centres of Sheffield and Chesterfield on the edge of the Peak District National Park. The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic science specialist, to join a dedicated and well-motivated team of teachers in this high achieving Faculty.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
· are excellent and innovative classroom practitioners
· demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and the raising of achievement and progress of all students
· are excited about the potential of science to transform students’ learning experiences
· have the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strengths of the Faculty, to meet the highest professional standards and be a role model for our students
· may be an NQT or an experience colleague
· have the ability to deliver Biology, Chemistry and Physics at KS3 and KS4, with Physics specialism at KS5
DHFS is a school that stands out. Our aim is for “Success with Care” and we achieve that as a result of our philosophy of “Commitment Not Compliance”. We are a learning community dedicated to providing an exceptional education for our students as a result of the exceptional skill and dedication of our staff. At DHFS “every person matters”. Our international work is highly valued and extends in a global dimension.
Application packs are available from Stephanie Dunne (email@example.com) at the above address or from the school website. Please apply with a covering letter directly to the school, for the attention of the Headteacher.