TEACHER OF SCIENCE
INNER LONDON SCALE – MPS
Contract Type: PERMANENT
Start date: JANUARY 2020
Job Title: Teacher of Science
Reports to: Head of Science
Responsible for: Delivering the highest quality learning experiences to pupils in the Science Department.
Start date: January 2020
Salary: Main Scale (Inner London) (Potential TLR for the right candidate)
Disclosure level: Enhanced
Roles included: Classroom teacher, Form Tutor
Academy Trust and School
Welcome to Phoenix Academy. We are an academy that believes we can get the very best out of every child through the twin pillars of our rigorous academic curriculum, and an extensive enrichment programme.
Our academic curriculum is at the heart of school life and ensures that all students get the opportunity to study academic disciplines and extend their thinking beyond everyday understandings.
We are proud to be part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of 7 schools, Curriculum Centre and a teacher training centre (SCITT). The school believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes.
To contribute to developing Phoenix Academy into an outstanding school by teaching a knowledge-led and challenging Science curriculum, teaching highly effective sequences of lessons, and constantly reflecting on your practice. There is the potential to offer a TLR for a highly-effective teacher looking to grow their career.
The ideal candidate will share in the Future Academies Trusts belief and vision that with the right teaching, every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils.
You will share our firm belief in the importance of Science as an academic discipline and you will want to join a school that invests in both its staff as well as its student’s futures. We don’t want to make teachers jump through hoops or submit intricate lesson plans; we just want you to be a subject expert who wants to ensure that every pupil you teach falls in love with your subject and develops an appreciation as to how Science can enable you to make sense of the world around you.
A Future Academies teacher is:
• Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
• Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment and in the central role of the teacher as expert.
• Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
• Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
• Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
• Someone who has invested in their own and departments development and has the capacity to develop excellence in others.
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with an innovative and ambitions Multi-Academy trust
• The chance to be part of the journey of one of the most improved schools in London
• Excellent CPD opportunities focused on outstanding teaching and learning
• Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
• An area well served by public transport, plus free on-site car park
• Access to our nearby leisure centre
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements
• Key benefits including pension scheme and season ticket loan
• Free breakfast and lunch each day
• Access to our employee benefits platform – Perkbox
• Access to the government backed Cycle to Work Scheme
To apply: Please complete the Future Academies teacher staff application teacher staff application form (from our website) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Trust’s website (www.futureacademies.org) and www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to find out more about our ambitious educational family.
Closing date: Friday 25th October 2019, 12 noon
Phoenix Academy, The Curve, London W12 0RQ
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to shortlist, interview and appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate applies for the post.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th October 2019.