We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Science department from the 1st September 2019.
The person we are seeking will:
- be passionate about Science
- be an innovative and inspiring classroom teacher
- have a secure knowledge and understanding of the skills in their specialist subject to enable them to teach it confidently and accurately
- have, for their specialist subject, a detailed knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum
- have a secure knowledge and understanding of Science and be confident in its use as a teaching and learning resource for both pupils and teachers
There is also the opportunity for the successful candidate to lead a department, build on our current International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and teach throughout the age and ability range of the Senior School as the Head of Chemistry, for those specialised in this area.
Most importantly, the candidate should have the ability to engender positive relationships within the school community.
We are an expanding IB World School, part of the NACE international chain of schools.
We would be interested in candidates who ideally have International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme training in any of the scientific disciplines, but ideally, Chemistry. This can be provided for the right candidate.
- to possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- to be a UK resident with a valid passport, dual passport or already in possession of a valid visa that allows work in Italy
- to hold "Qualified Teacher Status" or equivalent qualifications
How to apply
(Closing date Wednesday 17th April 2019)
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send the following to email@example.com
- letter of application
- full CV with photograph
- contact details of three referees (one must be the current/most recent employer)
The initial interview will be via Skype with short-listed candidates being invited to Rome for the final interview. If you have not heard from us by Friday 19th April 2019, your application has not been successful.
Southlands International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references. You are encouraged to visit our website at www.southlands.it to learn more about the school.