Teacher of Science
Required for September 2018
1205 pupils, Ofsted January 2018 indicated that we were a good school, Investor in People status, Science College, 86% of pupils achieving 5+ A* - C, Vibrant Sixth Form.
St Michael's Catholic School is a unique and distinctive Catholic all-through school in Buckinghamshire educating young people between the ages of 3 and 19.
We are looking to appoint, from September 2018 an inspirational, output-orientated and resourceful Teacher of Science. You will be a highly qualified teacher who will enhance further the innovative approaches of the department. You will have a proven record of contribution to improvement and the raising of student performance. This post is suitable for both experienced and newly qualified staff.
The school prides itself on:
• Strong KS3 and KS4 results
• Growing post 16 provision
• Collaborative and supportive teams
• Extensive success with induction of new staff to the school
The successful candidate will be:
• A well-qualified teacher with a vision for the future
• A highly motivated team player
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Passionate about their subject
• Keen to teach across full age and ability range
• Determined to develop professionally
• Committed to the care and inclusion of all pupils
• Able to inspire pupils
• Confident working in partnership with others
• An excellent communicator
• Supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
At St Michael's you will be fortunate enough to be part of a small and friendly learning family with modern classrooms and caring professional staff. We are determined that St Michael's will be second to none in the quality of its curriculum opportunities, teaching, learning, staff and resources. We are committed to providing the highest standards of education from Nursery through to Sixth Form.
For further information, an application pack or an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact our recruitment partner, Richard Lanning at Hays Education via email@example.com , call 01273 729465 or visit https://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/michael
Interviews will take place on receipt of suitable applications, therefore early expressions of interest are encouraged.
St Michael's Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.