Teacher of Science
Hours: Full time
Required for April 2019 or earlier
St. Aloysius’ College is a successful North Islington R.C. Comprehensive school. We take pride in our friendly and inclusive school community with its commitment to supporting pupils and staff in achieving their full potential.
We are looking to appoint a fully qualified Teacher of Science to teach across the full age and ability range. NQT’s are welcome to apply
You will be joining a progressive and dynamic department that achieves strong outcomes ‘above average’ in both GCSE and A Levels.
At KS5, we are offering all Sciences: Physics, Chemistry and Biology up to A2 levels with AQA. AQA GCSE Sciences are taught at KS4 as well as BTEC Applied Science Level 3.
The successful candidate should:
· Be passionate about Science Education
· Communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
· Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
· Be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold school values
· Be able to teach Science to all age groups, fulfilling all responsibilities of a teacher of Science
We can offer you:
· A fantastic working environment for staff.
· A great career opportunity to develop professionally with a number of CPD opportunities
· Fantastic location, close to a number of shops and eateries.The school is located approximately half a mile from Archway and Highgate Northern Line Tube stations.
St. Aloysius’ College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
To apply, please complete the application form attached to this advert by the closing date
For more information on St Aloysius or this vacancy, please see our website:
Debbie McDonagh (HR Officer) on 0207 561 7800