We are looking to appoint an outstanding and talented Teacher of Science. An exciting opportunity to be part of this successful subject team, which supports students to achieve their potential at GCSE and A level.
We are looking for a colleague who can fulfil the following roles and responsibilities:
Teaching and Learning
● Teach Science at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
● Plan, teach and assess highly effective lessons to ensure all students make good progress.
● Use a range of engaging styles and resources to best meet the needs of students.
● Mark students’ work regularly and provide constructive feedback to students to help them improve.
● Monitor and be responsible for each students’ progress in your class.
Staff and Resources
● Implement school and departmental policies
● Willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the department
● Become involved in aspects of departmental planning and development
● To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
● Maintain high levels of behaviour in the classroom and around the school
● Be a Form Tutor and contribute to the Personal Health and Social Education teaching programme
● Assess, record and report pupils’ progress effectively.
● Engender a commitment to success in each of the pupils.
● Maintain high levels of discipline in your classroom and around the school
Brigshaw High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years