Teacher of Science
To start September 2018
We are an oversubscribed and highly successful 11-16 school that strives for every student to be the best that they can be, both inside and outside of the classroom. We were judged as good in all areas at our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2017).
Governors therefore wish to appoint a Teacher of Science with drive, energy and enthusiasm, who will assist in taking The Roundhill Academy forward at this exciting time in our development. We welcome applications from NQTs or more experienced teachers.
We can offer:
- A good school in all areas of our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2017)
- A strong ethos and culture of support and guidance to all
- A committed and motivated team
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn
- Excellent behaviour for learning
You will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner
- Able to teach Science at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact John Lindley, Head of Faculty Science & PE for further details.
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We believe this role offers a unique opportunity to shape a new educational experience within a high performing and already established community.
The Roundhill Academy is approximately 25 miles from Nottingham.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Friday 9th March 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th March 2018
Application form and further details can be found on our website at www.roundhill.leics.sch.uk