Full time – Permanent Salary – commensurate with experience. (A time-limited additional recruitment incentive of up to £2000 p.a may be paid depending on the successful candidate’s experience).
Start date: Monday 16th April 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Closing Date: Friday 9th February 2018 12pm (Midday)
Interview: w/c 12th February 2018
An exciting opportunity for a Science teacher with outstanding potential to join our ambitious and vibrant school. The Science department has played a leading role in the school’s improvement over the past seven years and this appointment is intended to further strengthen our dynamic and enthusiastic team and contribute to the wider life of the school. The department offers Trilogy and Separate Sciences to all pupils along with a wide range of STEM and extra-curricular opportunities.
About Loreto High School
• Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto schools and colleges both in the UK and worldwide.
• A medium-sized school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents
• “Staff feel well supported and are overwhelmingly positive about working at the school.” Ofsted 2016
• Loreto High School benefits from a modern building with excellent equipment and facilities
• Excellent CPD and staff well-being programme
The successful candidate will be an experienced or outstanding recently qualified teacher with:
• the ability to engage students and transmit an enthusiasm for Science;
• knowledge and understanding of current teaching and learning strategies in Science; • the ability or potential to teach inspirational outstanding lessons to a range of abilities across both key stages;
• an enthusiastic commitment to developing the school’s extra-curricular offering;
• a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students;
• excellent subject knowledge;
• a desire to work collaboratively and to make a real contribution to the development of our department and the progress of our students;
• Understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.