Job Title: Teacher of Science
Salary: MPS/UPS £24,373 - £40,490 (salary is dependent on experience, training and/or qualifications)
Contract: Full time, permanent
To start: Available from September 2020
Qualifications: Applicants must have a relevant teaching qualification and hold QTS or QTLS
A Teacher of Science, this is an exciting opportunity to join an Academy on a journey to excellence. The successful candidate will inspire and motivate students to achieve exceptional progress and reach their true potential both academically and socially. You will be accountable for achieving high professional standards in teaching and learning within the department in order to ensure that students’ knowledge, understanding and achievement are of the highest levels within science while matching the design of the lesson to the ability of the students and use enterprising and innovative approaches to teaching and learning. You will be engaging, enigmatic and enthusiastic and committed to the development and implementation of the Academy ethos, vision, policies and practice.
We actively encourage all of our staff to use new and innovative ways to engage with our students whilst preserving our rich history of providing high quality education to all. At King Edward VII Academy we are fully committed to encouraging and developing all of our students to achieve their full potential.
Our students range from age 11 to 18, including students in our well-respected and ‘Good’ Sixth Form.
There are ample opportunities to develop extra-curricular activities and interests at King Edward VII Academy where we take a holistic view of education.
At King Edward VII Academy, we believe that strength comes from togetherness; each individual plays a crucial part in our overall community and in our successes. We combine the unity of our traditional house system and its exciting enrichment programme with an uncompromising focus upon individual academic success. We actively encourage all of our staff to use new and innovative ways to engage with our students whilst preserving our rich history of providing high quality education to all.
At King Edward VII Academy we are fully committed to encouraging and developing all of our students to achieve their full potential. Our superb reputation for sports is a marker of the emphasis we place on developing well-rounded young adults. It also serves as a symbol of our wider aims – the pursuit of excellence in all things; pride in our academy; togetherness in all we do; fair play and outstanding behaviour and healthy competition.
KES has a remarkable past and strives for an even more remarkable future. Our internal support structures and career progression opportunities mean that our staff are able to achieve their full career potential. Many of our former students have returned to work for us post-studies; proving the lasting impression we make as a provider of high quality education in West Norfolk.
Skills & Experience
- It is essential that you are Degree qualified with passion, drive and enthusiasm. We are happy to support and mentor colleagues looking to re-train in this subject area and change their specialism.
- The successful candidate will have previous classroom experience, knowledge of current issues and developments in education, a good awareness of strategies to improve the learning and achievement of students and a desire to raise standards in teaching and learning to improve achievement.
- You will be committed to supporting learning, able to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and have an enthusiastic and engaging approach.
- An enhanced DBS check is required for all of our roles
- Please ensure that you tailor your application to meet the minimum essential criteria of the Person Specification attached to this advert.
How to Apply
To gain further information about this role please contact Tracy Harrison at email@example.com or call on 0191 267 6555. Completed applications should be returned via email to this address.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th April 2020 at 12pm.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The successful candidate will require a DBS check.