The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Teacher of Science. This role at Lodge Park Academy could be the ideal next step in your career. This role will have a start date of April 2019 or sooner if possible.
About the role
To be an effective teacher (and tutor) who supports and challenges all students to achieve their full potential
32.5 hours per week worked over 39 weeks of the year - Permanent vacancy
About Lodge Park Academy
Lodge Park is an 11-18 comprehensive academy, based in the town of Corby with nearly 900 students on roll. In January 2019 the academy was judged as requiring special measures by Ofsted. The new leadership team, with support from the David Ross Education Trust have drawn up rigorous plans to ensure rapid progress is made to improve the quality of education for all pupils.
Lodge Park is therefore seeking to recruit teachers who will have high expectations of all pupils and will work relentlessly to secure improved outcomes and life chances for the young people in our community. Driving this improvement is a commitment from academy leaders that teachers are the experts in their subject and they should be enabled to teach well planned units of the curriculum, ensuring students acquire knowledge; without the distraction of unnecessary workload, excessive observation and scrutiny or low value administrative tasks.
Leaders are committed to the “Principles of Direct Instruction” to deliver a knowledge based curriculum and we are seeking teachers who are looking to continue their professional development through an evidenced based approach to learning. The academy has a warm-strict approach to discipline and high expectations of pupils are now supported through a consistent and robust consequence system which is designed so teachers can concentrate on teaching and pupils can concentrate on learning.
The town of Corby in situated in the North of the county and is close to the market towns of Stamford, Uppingham, Oakham and Market Harborough. There are good transport links to the South East and the city of Leicester is only a 35 minute drive.
Salary & Benefits
- Main Pay Scale - Upper Pay Scale
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for:
- A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
- Nationally recognized teaching qualification
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3-5
- A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
- Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
- Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
- Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
- Contribute to whole school initiatives
- Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them
- Able to create a team ethos across a team
- Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate