Wood Green School is seeking to recruit an excellent teacher of Science (preferably with Chemistry) to join our Science department whose results are regularly in the top 15% nationally. Wood Green is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
The school is also looking to recruit the following whole-school TLRs: Head of Year post; Strategic Lead of Careers Education. We would be equally interested in candidates for the post of teacher of Science (with Chemistry) and candidates who would like to combine teaching Science with one of these TLR roles (please see separate adverts).
The right candidate – Teacher of Science
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Science to join our successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2019.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Science
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Science Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A Science Department that achieves outstanding outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Science. Well over 50% of the 6th Form students take at least one Science A Level.
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learn.
To apply for the post of Teacher of Science, please complete:
1. A letter that:
• includes your reasons for applying for this post,
• Sets out your approach to excellent Science teaching
2. An Acer Trust application form. You may use the section ‘ Relevant Experience’ to share any additional information, relevant experience and success
If you wish to apply for this post with one of our TLR positions, please follow the application process for the TLR post only.
Closing date: 24th April 2019 (12 noon)
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.