Teacher of Science
Carterton Community College is a rural college, with a real sense of community, bordering the Cotswolds and within easy commuting distance of Oxford, Cheltenham and Swindon.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and dedicated Science teacher to join our established science faculty. Passion, determination, and a focus to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across keys stages 3, 4 and 5.
It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a dynamic and rapidly improving school with a drive for higher standards.
We welcome applications from both NQT’s and experienced teachers. A particular focus on Physics would be ideal, although not essential.
You will have a proven track record with improving progress and raising achievement at all levels and will strive to give students exciting and challenging curriculum opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of Science and wider curriculum developments.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Science across key stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Passion and dedication in delivering high standards.
- Experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Ability to implement strategies to meet school development targets.
- Outstanding teaching and learning practice, with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The desire to have a positive impact on students’ lives.
In return we offer candidates:
- A supportive and positive environment with a culture of high aspirations.
- Continuous professional development to further your potential.
- A well-resourced department, complete with high quality Chromebooks.
- Friendly and welcoming students; a culture based on shared values; committed and professional colleagues.
Carterton Community College
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years