We are looking for an enthusiastic, engaging and creative Teacher of Science. You will have experience in teaching students of all abilities to reach their academic potential. You will have the knowledge, skills and personal qualities to successfully help a department of dedicated professionals.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent teaching skills
• Self motivation and potential
• High level organisational and ICT skills
• Effective communication skills, with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
The ability to teach A Level Science is highly desirable but not essential. The suitable candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to the academic, spiritual, moral and cultural well-being of young people and will support an already successful department along the next stage of its development. In addition, the post will provide an excellent opportunity for professional development.
Thomas Bennett Community College is an 11-18, mixed Comprehensive School where we pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. We are located in Crawley, West Sussex.
• a starting salary and salary progression in line with the school’s policies on Pay and Appraisal;
• A supportive culture where your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for making a difference to the lives of our students, will be supported
We require applicants who will demonstrate their commitment to the teaching of science; who have the enthusiasm, skill and ability to make a significant positive contribution to this team and development of the delivery of the curriculum.
The school has implemented a Fair Workload Charter agreed between the trust and the NEU.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged via HR.
Thomas Bennett Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we cooperate with other agencies and initiatives at local and national level. Any successful job applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring service check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau check) at an enhanced level, in line with all schools across West Sussex. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warning as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
Thomas Bennett Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years