Teacher of Science (MPS)
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) specialising in Maths, Sport and Performing Arts with the recent inspection stating:
● Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
● Pupils are making very good progress
● Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We have a state-of -the-art building, and in September 2018, a new wing was opened with purpose built science laboratories to accommodate our rapidly expanding sixth form. We aim to give every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for September 2019, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Science to join our Science Department. You must be able to deliver high quality teaching across key stages 3 and 4: the ability to offer A-level teaching is advantageous but not essential. The successful candidate should have a passion for Science and be innovative in the classroom.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Science is a key subject in the Academy and has received, and continues to receive, investments to improve standards.
Applications from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme for NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
● Be a well-qualified teacher of science with outstanding subject knowledge;
● Be able to inspire students, using their enthusiasm & enjoyment of their subject to ensure all students reach their full potential;
● Be able to work as part of a team to raise standards.
● Personalised professional development;
● An opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
● An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular Academy recognised locally & nationally for its continued improvement.
● Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website, or please contact Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone (01733 404345) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, or to arrange an informal visit to the Academy.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Monday, 28th January 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.