“This is a Good School” – Ofsted Nov 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, enthusiastic and talented teacher to join the Science Department from January 2019.
The successful candidate will share our vision and values of achieving excellence and raising further the standards of teaching and learning in a dedicated and forward looking team of 9 teachers and 4 technicians, delivering Key Stage 3 Science over two years and Key Stage 4 over three years.
This is an opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about science education but also has aspirations for a future leadership role in leading teaching and learning in the department.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record or the potential to secure excellent pupil outcomes in GCSE examinations.
- Has a strong ethos of high achievement and success within the Learning Area.
- Has the ability to create, plan and deliver a Science curriculum that will develop pupil’s skills, knowledge, understanding and their love for learning in the 21st century.
- Is skilled at fostering independent and collaborative student-led learning.
- Has experience of representing and supporting pupils with a range of SEN, Behavioural and Academic needs.
This post will provide you with the training, time and capacity to develop the department through effective CPD delivery, coaching and mentoring. Each member of staff has 2 additional non-contact periods per week for CPD and collaborative development.
With a 20% increase in results this summer and, along with a current programme of significant investment and refurbishment of Science Laboratories, this is an exciting time to join our team.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school for a tour and to discuss the department/post with either the Headteacher or Curriculum Leader.
Further details and an application form can be obtained from the school or visit the school website.
Priory School is a mixed 11-16 School with around 1200 students on roll situated in the heart of Southsea. Our pupils come from a very wide range of backgrounds and our community is truly comprehensive, harmonious and dynamic. Priory School is proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust and we have been graded as a good school (Ofsted November 2016).
Priory School Safeguarding Statement:
Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.