Greenford High School
Lady Margaret Road,
Headteacher: Mr M Cramer BA (Hons) MA
NOR: 1800; 600 Post 16.
Teacher of Science
Closing Date for application: Monday 19th February
Salary: Inner London Salary (£28,660 for NQTs)
Starting Date: Either 1st July or 1st September 2018
Please note – a 1st July start is on offer for NQTs/available teachers
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural, non-selective high school in West London. We are in the top 200 schools nationally for student progress. We are looking a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join our excellent Science Department in a state-of-the-art school. The Science Department is a strong team and all three disciplines are very popular with students; over 200 progress to Advanced Level courses and many continue to study Science at university. Approximately 50% of our KS4 students take triple Science. We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced practitioners. All three disciplines are welcome; we are simply looking for the very best teachers. Prospective teachers are welcome to visit the school and the department.
• Greenford High School is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance with a long history of offering excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and promotion
• We have a great record of developing NQTs, training over 30 student teachers each year and partnering Teach First in hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers
• A vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 580 students, with many A Level classes
• Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
• Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building opening in 2018
Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; smaller class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at firstname.lastname@example.org