Job Title: Teacher of Science
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: MPR/UPR (TLR may be available for the right candidate)
An exciting range of opportunities have arisen to join our restructured and forward thinking Science department. Following a curricular review and renewed leadership at Reddish Vale, we are seeking to appoint suitably qualified, talented and ambitious teachers to be part of our evolving department. Suitable candidates may include a variety of applicants; NQT’s, lead Teachers of Science, teachers with a PE Sports Science background and aspiring pastoral leaders. Dependent upon experience additional responsibilities and career opportunities may be available for the right candidate.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
We are looking to appoint passionate and dynamic teachers to teach Science across the age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level. You will be expected to teach across the Science curriculum and will have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve outcomes in Science. You should have:
- A real passion for teaching and learning in Science
- The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
- Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher (n/a for NQT’s)
- A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
- A willingness to be supportive of the Science Departments drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
- A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
- Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
- An inclusive learning ethos
- An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview date: w/c 25th March 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.