Are you an inspiring, creative and well qualified Teacher of Science? If so, then Farringdon Community Academy has an exciting position for you. We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Teacher of Science who has the necessary skills and attributes to have a real impact upon Science teaching and learning. You will join a supportive and highly motivated team whose responsibility is to ensure positive outcomes for all students. Applications from NQTs are welcome.
The successful candidate will demonstrate, through application letter and interview that they are able to:
- Secure progress for Key stage 3 and 4 students with a range of different abilities.
- Generate enthusiasm and passion for Science with all students
- Create and maintain a positive and safe learning environment.
- Take responsibility and contribute to the success of the Science department team.
- Support the overall progress and development of students as a form tutor.
- Be a suitable role model for students and demonstrate high standards of professionalism.
Please note that we do not accept CVs. Suitability to work with children will be checked with the Disclosing & Barring Service.
We encourage candidates to take a look at our website therefore all the application documents relating to the post are on www.farringdonschool.co.uk to the right-hand side of our home page you will see a box with our current vacancies on or at the top of the page under 'about us' click on vacancies.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com or posted to: Farringdon Community Academy FAO Miss A. Parker, Allendale Road, Farringdon, Sunderland SR3 3EL. Please ensure adequate postage e.g. large stamp is used. Applications that arrive after the closing date will not go through to the shortlisting process.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 26th April 2019
Interview Date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Number on Roll: 780
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Farringdon Community Academy safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to and respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.