TEACHER OF SCIENCE
required for September 2021 (1 FTE)
to teach girls of all abilities across the 11 – 16 age range
Davison CE High School for Girls is a successful 11-16 school. Our recent Section 48 SIAMS inspection judged us as an “Outstanding” Church School. Our aim is to ensure every girl reaches her full potential.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague who can demonstrate their ability as an excellent classroom practitioner to join our exciting and forward thinking Science department.
We invite applications from NQTs starting their career and experienced teachers of Science, who may view this exciting opportunity as an ideal position for career progression, working with a dedicated and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress, give regular feedback and encourage our students to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
We require a Science specialist who:
• has a passion for science and is able to make lessons relevant and fun
• is eager to learn, develop and push the boundaries of science teaching
• is able to enthuse and engage students
• possesses excellent ICT skills
• is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
We are a school, which sets high standards for both students and staff. We would offer the successful applicants:
• a comprehensive individual CPD programme
• excellent ICT facilities and resources
• confident, resilient, welcoming students
• a very supportive staff – full of fun and enthusiasm
• an on-site term time nursery with very competitive rates
• Employee Assistant Programme
• Social and wellbeing activities
Davison CE High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference and DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
Potential candidates are warmly invited to contact the school for an informal discussion, at any point before the closing date. If you think you may be interested in submitting an application but would like to know more, please contact Chris Hallworth, our Subject Leader of Science in the first instance: email@example.com or on the telephone number below.
Alternatively, for further details and an application form, please see the school website: www.davison.w-sussex.sch.uk
Please send your application to Mr Chris Keating, Headteacher, Davison C.E. High School, Selborne Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2JX. Tel: 01903 233835. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 19th April 2021
Interview date: Monday 26th April 2021
Davison Church of England High School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary controlled funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 16 years