As a forward-looking and innovative school we are seeking to appoint a highly skilled Teacher of Science to join our large, friendly and successful team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an NQT or experienced teacher to join our very successful Science Department. We would like to hear from you if you:
- are an excellent classroom practitioner;
- are able to teach Science across the full age and ability range (to A Level would be an advantage);
- Have QTS status
- have enthusiasm and the willingness to work hard
- have the desire to improve and enhance the learning experience of our students.
Kingdown School is ranked in the top 10 secondary schools in Wiltshire situated in Warminster in the heart of beautiful rural Wiltshire with excellent links to Salisbury, Bath, Bristol and the South-West. Kingdown School is an academy under the Acorn Education Trust providing exciting opportunities to improve local education and draw on the collective experience of a Trust.
The Science Department is the largest department in the school and is housed together in one block and comprises of 12 laboratories, a large prep room and 5 smaller prep rooms/offices. All full time Science teachers have their own teaching room and their own office space and computer. We are on a rolling programme of laboratory refurbishment for our oldest laboratories. We have a dedicated team of technicians and TAs of which one inspector recently wrote:
" The department is lucky to have an experienced and talented technical team who can cope with the heavy demands of their practice schedules."
For the successful candidate we can offer:
- enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning;
- a caring and supportive department and wider school community;
- a commitment to professional development;
- full support and induction programme for NQTs.
- the opportunity to work effectively with other schools as part of a multi-academy trust.
For more information please take time to view via the links below. To apply please use the "apply" button and, write a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your philosophy of education and send, along with your current CV, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Elaine Fullick, Kingdown School, Woodcock Road, WARMINSTER, Wiltshire BA12 9DR
Tel: 01985 224264 - E-mail: email@example.com
Interviews: w/c 26th February 2018
Kingdown School, as part of the Acorn Education Trust, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in obtaining this post you will be subject to a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and health screening.