Do you have a passion for Physics and Science and want to enthuse students?
Do you want to join an outstanding, passionate and supportive team?
Do you want to grow with a growing school?
The Woolwich Polytechnic vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational Post 16 and is rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Science with ability to teach Physics at KS5. Candidates should have a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching. An individual that will become an integral part of the science department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department.
We are a school who knows that our success is due to the high-quality staff we employ, therefore we make staff wellbeing and development a priority. More details of this are shown below.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Physics and Science.
• The ability to be an outstanding teacher.
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th February 2021. Interviews are scheduled to take place for week commencing 1st March 2021.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Woolwich Poly is located in Thamesmead, a thriving multi-cultural and diverse area in the London Borough of Greenwich, where around 65% of our students have English as an additional language; Ofsted noted our outstanding ethos and curriculum.”T...