Ark Burlington Danes Academy is an 'outstanding' school in the heart of White City. Join a school that has a 300 years of history behind it, and a bright future ahead, with great facilities such as a newly installed Astroturf sports pitch, state of the art recording studio, 300-seat theatre and the largest school playing field in the city.
We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Social Sciences.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a passionate teacher of Social Sciences
• be a committed team playerdemonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
• be a committed team player
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
• have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities
• receive unrivalled training and professional development
• join a network of Ark schools and benefit from the support of experienced network colleagues
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
Staff at Burlington Danes are we provided with tailored professional development at every stage of their career progression. Regular coaching sessions and an ‘open door’ lesson policy ensures you receive extensive, responsive support and peer-to-peer sharing of best practice. The academy has fostered a collaborative infrastructure which has instilled a strong sense of community amongst our staff.
Your hard work will always be recognised at Burlington Danes. As a teacher at Burlington Danes, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education .
Visit http://burlingtondanes.org/ our website for more information on the school.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact our Recruitment Manager Rachael Bemrose on 0203 116 6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by visiting https://goo.gl/ySLvkB. The deadline for applications is 11am on Monday 24th September 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.