Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are looking for a Teacher of Spanish who really cares about helping our students succeed. You will be joining a department who:
- Shares high quality lessons, and volunteers extra time to provide intervention for our students.
- Leads on our innovative approach to EAL students within intervention and across the Academy.
- Supports and challenges each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
- Gets together as a team outside of school.
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding MFL teacher with the ability to teach Spanish to KS4.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is passionate about Languages and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both Spanish at KS3 and KS4.
- Has a sense of team and is willing to contribute positively to an enthusiastic and forward-thinking department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Learning to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (Hyperlink to FPA website) to find out more.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Emma Hammond Director of Learning, on email@example.com
The position is due to commence in September 2018, with interviews to be held week beginning 26 February 2018
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
Closing date: 21 February 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply' on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.