Derby Moor Academy is a vibrant, oversubscribed, 11 - 18, school with 1,587 students on roll. We are a thriving community offering our students a range of opportunities that ensure they become successful and well-rounded adults when they enter the world of work. At Derby Moor we are rightly proud of the excellent progress that all our students make and have celebrated record results year on year in recent times. Our approach can be summed up in our school motto: “Together we succeed”. This motto is underpinned by our four values:
Achievement – we believe that every student, regardless of background or personal circumstance can achieve.
Aspiration – we believe that strong achievement is grounded in the best teaching and learning experience, which ensures that all students will aspire to be the best they can be. We are committed to continuing professional development so that all staff members are supported to be the best they can be.
High Expectations – we have high expectations of students, both in terms of achievement and behaviour.
Community – we create and support a sense of belonging so that all members of the school community feel valued and are kept safe.
At Derby Moor we take great pride in the facilities that we offer our students. Our school was re-built in 2013 and now features a welcoming entrance plaza, state of the art technology and a diverse range of learning spaces and sports facilities.
We are seeking to appoint an individual who:
- Has the ability to plan and teach students with complex Special Educational Needs who require a bespoke and personalised curriculum working at Year 1-4 Primary school levels
- Has the ability to develop schemes of learning to meet the needs of students based on a ‘stage not age’ approach
- Has the ability to teach and develop a programme of phonics alongside English, Maths, Science and Humanities subjects
- Has the ability to deliver inclusive practice for SEND students in a mainstream school.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire others
- Will always go the extra mile to support our students to succeed
- Has the ability and desire to contribute positively to the wider school community
In return, as part of the Spencer Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- A GOOD school (OFSTED 2012, 2017)
- A friendly, supportive and professional team of staff
- A commitment to provide Continuing Professional Development
- An excellent support programme for NQTs and new staff
SAT is an educational charity, Multi-Academy Trust and Sponsor of Academies. We have approaching 16,000 children and young people in our academies and employ more than 2,200 teachers, leaders and educational support professionals across the East Midlands. We aspire to be a leading regional high performing Trust, with a national reputation for excellence.
We currently have 14 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers, and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country, and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
Our Mission is to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, providing an outstanding education for local children. Derby Moor prides itself on being an inclusive school who strives to meet the individual needs of all its learners.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of driving teaching and learning outcomes in the primary or specialist education phase.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact the HR team on 01332 772706 or email email@example.com
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Derby Moor Academy and Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years