Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational boarding and day schools. Situated in Edinburgh, rich in history, learning and culture, the College has enjoyed a reputation as a centre of educational excellence for one hundred and fifty years.
Fettes College Guangzhou is the first overseas campus of Fettes College, and will open it’s doors in September, 2020. The new school will be very closely linked to Fettes College and will share its ethos and vision: to provide the highest quality of holistic, broad based education that will stretch and challenge its pupils and equip them with the qualifications, skills and personal qualities that will allow them to flourish and succeed in their lives beyond school.
Fettes College Guangzhou is located on a spacious and world class campus in Zengcheng, bordered by forest and hills and yet within an hour’s drive of the centre of Guangzhou, and of Baiyun International Airport. The campus has been created with imaginative flair by international architects Broadway Malyan. Their modern interpretation of the strengths, features and characteristics of the Edinburgh campus will allow the delivery of all the distinctive qualities of an authentic Fettes education.
We seek to appoint passionate teachers with the vision, ambition and drive to contribute to our rapidly expanding Primary School. Outstanding interpersonal and relational skills are a must, along with a desire to innovate and embrace the challenges and delights that will come with being part of our founding team.
Fettes teachers will be outstanding educators and dedicated team players who demonstrate a collegiate and collaborative approach to working with others. They will have experience of, or the desire to learn more about facilitating student’s learning through Inquiry and of supporting students’ language learning, making use of every opportunity that presents itself.
Fettes College Guangzhou will proffer a unique educational experience for our students, inviting them to become part of the Fettes family for life. The commitment of our staff to our ethos is crucial to this. We are a community which believes in mutual support and co-operation. It is this happy, purposeful environment that encourages boys and girls to flourish and develop fully the skills and interests that they possess.
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
- Completed teacher application form (available on TES Online).
- Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Headmaster of Fettes College Guangzhou. Please state clearly in your letter your teaching experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
- CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. This should be attached to your electronic application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and that Fettes College Guangzhou reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the process: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered upon receipt and selected candidates will be invited to interview in the coming weeks.
Candidates selected for interview will be invited to attend meeting with the Headmaster and other senior leaders of the School to discuss their interests and experience for the roles offered at the school.
Depending on location Interviews will be conducted in the following locations:
- Guangzhou, China
- Hong Kong, China
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Fettes College Guangzhou is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice, and all appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references as well as identity and criminal record checks.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Attend regular in-house Child Protection and Safeguarding programmes and training and sign a Code of Conduct.
• Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any concerns they have for the welfare of a student.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any unsafe practices witnessed within the school.
• Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
• International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract.
• Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport).
• At least 2 confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher or employer) before the start of contract.
• Verification of original qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your application.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 26 and below 45 years of age
Fettes College Guangzhou
- Mainstream school
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of age 2 - 18 years
Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational day and boarding schools. Situated in Edinburgh, Scotland’s gracious and vibrant capital city, rich in history, learning and culture, the College has enjoyed a reput...