Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at Wey Valley Academy in Weymouth:
Post: Teacher of Technology - Engineering
Post details: Permanent, full-time contract
Salary Scale: AAT Teachers’ Main or Upper Pay Scale (spinal point dependent on experience)
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to take rapid and sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Wey Valley Academy within Ambitions Academies Trust. Dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people, we are seeking a new colleague who will share our inclusive and positive ethos.
What can we offer?
• An opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Dorset with excellent links to travel across and enjoy the beaches and countryside of the West Country.
• A thriving school community with extensive facilities
• A creative and innovative culture keen to explore new ways of working to meet fresh challenges and exploit opportunities.
• The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust, including opportunities to work with teachers in other Ambitions academies.
• A Trust wide strategy to support mental health and well-being with a ‘champion in every academy.
• Excellent personal career development - our culture is to promote from within the Trust as much as possible.
• Tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
• Access to a Microsoft training package to enhance software expertise to support the outcomes of the academy and trust
• A bespoke online safeguarding package
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
Teachers at Wey Valley Academy are expected to be excellent classroom practitioners with strong subject knowledge and a high level of emotional intelligence. He/she will have strong communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with pupils, parents and staff whilst also being able to:
• Demonstrate professionalism consistent with the Trust’s values: aspirational, collaborative, inclusive, innovative and responsible
• Contribute to extra-curricular provision offered by the department.
• Develop the use of technology to enhance the learning opportunities for pupils.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a strong emphasis on staff well-being.
This role will provide excellent preparation for Curriculum or Pastoral leadership within the next few years.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing: Monday 19th April 2021
Start Date: 1st September 2021
For an application form please contact Jenna Stone email@example.com , Tel: 01305 817000 or visit our website www.ambitions-academies.co.uk/vacancies-2/
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Ambitions Academies Trust
- English secondary schools