The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Friday 27th March 2020
Interview Date: w/c 30th March 2020
Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms in the Tees Valley and North East? Would you like to be part of a school community that not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has a well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? Would you like to work in a school which has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in three consecutive Ofsted inspections? Would you also like to work in a school with fantastic facilities which is located near the picturesque town of Yarm and close to the beautiful Cleveland Hills?
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
We also hold the following national awards:
- Ofsted Outstanding School Status
- Sport England Sportsmark
- National Teaching School
- Quality Mark for History Gold
We seek to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner of DT: Textiles and Food who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to work with our successful team as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate will have the passion and ability to impact and ensure outstanding progress at every level. The position is permanent and the successful candidate will start in September 2020.
Our Department is:
- Highly successful, with students making well above national average progress
- Committed to sustaining and improving results across all levels and Key Stages
- A highly collaborative and supportive department
- Innovative, creative and student centred
- Following AQA at GCSE in DT:Textiles and WJEC Award Hospitality and Catering at KS4
The successful candidate must have:
- A passion for the subject and a thorough knowledge of the DT: Textiles and Food curriculum at KS3 and DT: Textiles at KS4 and/or hospitality
- A commitment, drive and enthusiasm to work as part of our dedicated and successful team.
- Measurable impact as an individual teacher
- An innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
- An ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
Egglescliffe School can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative leadership team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student.
More Information Obtainable
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mr S White, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org