Nailsea SchoolNailsea, North Somerset
Salary Range: MPS-UPS
TMS1 £24,719 – UPS3 £40,484
Nailsea School is seeking to appoint an ambitious, talented and hardworking male PE teacher, for September 2021. As a PE teacher at Nailsea School you will deliver a dynamic curriculum across all Key Stages with a passionate commitment to the extra-curricular programme. A specialism in teaching Rugby would be desirable with the ability to be able to teach GCSE, level 2 OCR Sports Studies and level 3 OCR Sport and Physical Activity being essential. You will have the energy, enthusiasm and flexibility to enable students to achieve the highest possible standards.
The PE Department is at the heart of Nailsea School life. The PE team are passionate in inspiring students to lead and sustain a healthy active lifestyle and to promote physical literacy.
The PE Department believes in offering an inclusive broad and progressive curriculum; delivered in a positive environment in which students feel safe and nurtured; celebrating all success.
This enables students to strive to reach their potential whatever their level of ability. The department prides themselves on their excellent working relationships with students both in lessons and in the extensive extra-curricular program that occurs within school and outside of school at local, county and National level. The department are exceptional proud of their dedication and achievements being recognised in the recent Ofsted report.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, supportive school during a time of expansion. The department is fortunate to have state of the art facilities which include a 4G artificial pitch; a purpose-built Dance Studio, Gym and Sports' Hall.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with a strong, supportive and driven department.
• CPD opportunities through a personalised programme and as part of a Teaching School Alliance
• The opportunity to continue to develop your teaching career as part of locally recognised innovative curriculum provision.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be able to work as part of an inclusive team
• Be passionate about learning and supporting students.
• Have a strong commitment to ensuring every child achieves the highest possible academic standards and personal development.
• Have excellent organisational and communication skills
• Support the school ethos at all times
• A specialism in teaching Rugby would be desirable
Nailsea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical questionnaire and satisfactory references.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ and once fully completed, please submit your application.
****Please note, we will NOT consider applications unless they are fully completed with an in depth supportive statement. Enquiries and information are available to all potential candidates; please see below****
For further details and relevant application form please visit our website: www.nailseaschool.com
If you have any questions or queries please contact Lorraine Coombs, Assistant Business Manager, HR, on 01275 866799
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 08 March 2021
Proposed interview date: Wk comm 15 March 2021
Nailsea, North Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Learn moreabout this school
Nailsea Schoolhttp://www.nailseaschool.com+44 1275 852251
Mizzymead RoadNailseaBristolBS48 2HNUnited KingdomView in Google Maps