One Planet School Dodoma warmly invite candidates for the position of PRINCIPAL to join our multinational team in the Capital of the United Republic of Tanzania. If you have the drive, passion and expertise to be able to contribute towards the development of the School and wish to be part of its exciting future plans then please apply for this role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate should possess a commitment to helping our students achieve their maximum potential in both IGCSE and A Level examinations.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The School Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the School.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the School Principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all the members of the School staff hired by the Board of Directors and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
She/he is also expected to be a class teacher.
• A post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited university, with qualifications in British National Curriculum Teaching
• At least five years’ experience in international curriculum Schools, and at least three years as a School principal or senior role in an International School
• Good understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation
• Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students’ achievement and effective frameworks for School improvement planning and self-evaluation
• Proven ability to build, manage and develop teams
• The ability to establish and sustain strong relationships with parents, students, teaching and non-teaching staff, and other stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passionate about delivering high quality services to children and their families
• Experience in the developing world and in Africa will be highly desirable.