Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097215
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Ashcroft Public School
Principal Network Liverpool
Staffing Area Liverpool
FTE 1.000Contact Name Karen Ali
Contact Phone number (02)96078202
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Ashcroft Public School is a vibrant P-6 school located in Southwest Sydney in the Liverpool Principals Network. The school has a FOEI of 174 and an enrolment of 301 students, including Preschool and 31 Aboriginal students and a diverse population from 31 countries and 24 different language groups. The school has 12 mainstream classes and 2 Support Unit classes catering for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The school has seen an increase in students from a refugee background and supports these students and their families with considered support and positive teaching and learning interventions. The school is a part of the Early Action for Success program and teachers are committed to increasing and improving their capacity to deliver quality education driven by evidence-based programs and practices with the collaborative support of the Instructional Leader and executive.
The school is also committed to providing positive and meaningful parent and community engagement opportunities with its diverse community, as well as rich extracurricular opportunities for students that further support student learning and wellbeing. Ashcroft Public School hosts a Schools as Community Centre program that provides quality early intervention prevention support to families and young children.
The school is committed to contributing to the 2168 Community of Schools and to fostering productive programs and initiatives with its partner high school. School Website: https://ashcroft-p.schools.nsw.gov.au
Specific Selection Criteria
1. Approval to teach special education and/or experience teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (K-6) and mild intellectual disability.
2. Quality classroom practice and highly developed management skills which enhance student engagement and the development of social skills through enriched, differentiated and individualised learning programs.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful individualised education plans, utilising integration opportunities across the school.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and skill to support the development of student's communication.
5. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, families, school learning and support officers and support agencies.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.