Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097869
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Wairoa School
Principal Network Bondi
Staffing Area Bondi
FTE 1.000Contact Name Carmel Seeto
Contact Phone number 02 930 09579
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Wairoa School is an SSP with 71 students, in the Bondi Principal Network of schools. The school has eleven classes of students K-12 who have moderate and high support needs and many have other complex needs, including autism, physical disability, vision and hearing impairment, challenging behaviours, health and medical needs. The school community has high expectations and is active in their support. Wairoa School has a sustained focus on student wellbeing, a balanced academic and functional curriculum and personalised learning plans for the students. These are delivered through technology rich, differentiated learning programs which promote high levels of student engagement. Wairoa School implements the positive behaviour for learning framework and has a focus on developing student’s personalised communication strategies. Communication and collaboration with families, support agencies and external service providers form an integral part of our school and enhance the success of student programs and their maximum participation in society.
Specific Selection Criteria
1. Approval to teach special education and / or experience teaching students with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, autism, physical disabilities and challenging behaviours.
2. Demonstrated capacity to implement quality learning programs, with a focus on wellbeing, literacy, numeracy and innovative ICT skills, that are accessible and engaging for students with special needs.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate effective, differentiated and technology rich programs which facilitate engagement and improved learning outcomes for students with special needs.
4. Highly developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work proactively and professionally as part of a collaborative team, including parents/carers, school learning support officers, students, external agencies and the wider school community.
5. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal Education policy and capacity to meet the learning needs of complex students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.