An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and inspirational teacher who is passionate about working with young people. Central England Academy Trust is an expanding successful specialist setting for 264 children and young people aged 3 - 19, with a broad spectrum of special educational needs and learning disabilities. The schools share a site. There are 142 students within the Secondary school and 125 pupils in the Primary School.
The role will be based in our Secondary School, working with children and young adults aged 12-19.
As a growing Multi Academy Trust we are looking for enthusiastic and skilled qualified teachers who are or aspire to be outstanding practitioners. We particularly welcome applications from teachers with experience of teaching in a primary school setting who have the ability to transfer their skills to working with young people who may have severe or complex learning difficulties, social and communication learning needs and /or ASD and associated behaviours.
We would also welcome applications from teachers who have experience in teaching children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and encourage outstanding NQT’S to apply for this position.
• Positive and passionate about working with students with learning disabilities?
• A good or outstanding practitioner with experience of teaching students with SEND needs, autism and associated behaviours?
• A reflective practitioner?
• A team player who can work as part of the multi-disciplinary team?
• Knowledgeable about the learning needs of students with a range of barriers to overcome?
• Committed to self development and learning.
If you are, then we can offer:
• An opportunity to work in a ‘good’ Ofsted (2018) rated school
• A nurturing group of staff, who are committed to achieving high standards for our pupils and students.
• A strong ethos and collaborative working.
• Dedicated teaching assistants and pastoral support.
• A rigorous induction programme.
• Opportunities for quality professional development.
• A holistic consultative approach to each young person.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further details about this role, or to arrange a visit to the school please contact Andy Commander firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachel Day email@example.com on 02476 740901
To apply for this role candidates are asked to complete an application form, supported by a letter of application (maximum of 2 sides of A4), which outlines your experience and skills in relation to the areas described in the person specification.
All completed applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 January 2019 (noon)
Interview date: 6th February 2019
Central England Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding children, promoting the welfare of all pupils, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for the successful candidates.