One of Australia's Top Country Schools, The Rockhampton Grammar School seeks to appoint full-time, permanent teachers of Mathematics, English, Physical Education (PE) and Business.
Term 1, 2020 Commencement.
Teachers are expected to:
- Support existing curriculum programmes that embrace the School’s Learning Framework which includes Dimensions of Learning and Marzano’s Taxonomy
- Demonstrate strong subject-matter knowledge and excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Establish and review students' learning goals/outcomes and adapt teaching methods to meet students’ educational needs
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting students with additional learning and support needs.
- Continuously reflect on teaching practices and participate fully in the School's Personal Learning Programme
- Build relationships and share teaching insights with colleagues in order to help create a quality learning environment
- Create a positive classroom environment that enhances student learning
- Communicate with parents about student learning
- Demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to professional development
- Contribute to the School and wider community through involvement in co-curricular activities
- Maintain accurate records and meet deadlines
Qualifications: Applicants must have a graduate or post graduate degree in Education and be registered or be eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers. Applicants must also be eligible to work within Australia. Graduate teachers are welcome.
To Apply: Applicants must complete the Application for Employment Form (found on this job advertisement or on the RGS website www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment), and send with a cover letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae including the names of three referees to:
The Rockhampton Grammar School
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Applications close Friday 16 August, 2019.