ABC Teachers are working with several SEND schools within Wolverhampton and Dudley that provide specialised teaching to students who require extra support. This includes children with ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition), SEMH (Social, emotional and mental health difficulties), PMLD and those with physical needs.
Teaching within an SEND schools can be a challenging career but a hugely rewarding one, by providing a focused and accessible curriculum you will create safe and supportive learning environment for students who require the extra support to ensure they reach their full educational potential.
Successful applicants will need to have excellent communication skills and be comfortable liaising with parents, teachers and medical staff. Crucially you will need to have the patience and empathy to deal with sometimes challenging behaviour.
To register as an SEND supply teacher, we require:
· A valid QTS or NQT Certificate
· Previous experience of teaching SEND children
· Possession of a valid UK driving license would be beneficial to the role.
· SEND related qualifications such as Makaton, Team Teach & PECS are desirable.
· The roles are on a supply basis, covering the needs of schools as required and ownership of a car would be beneficial.
What to do next:
· To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. You will need to pay for this upfront, but once you are fully registered, have uploaded this onto the Update Service and have worked 1 full day with us then we will reimburse you the cost. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and how we are going to work best for you.
· We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months, one of which must be a school based reference. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
· Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: email@example.com or call 01543 410500 to discuss registering with us further.
· Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire. We also have a second office in Loughborough where they cover the East Midlands also.
· ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
· We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
· Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
· If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
- Website: http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk/
- Twitter: @SupplyTeach
- Facebook: https://en-eg.facebook.com/ABCTEACHERS