Full Time and Permanent
MPS/UPS + TLR 2a (£2,873)
Appointment Date: September 2021
A recruitment and retention point of £4,000 over two years will be awarded to an exceptional candidate
We are looking to appoint an inspirational, motivated and experienced teacher to join our effective and supportive Mathematics department to lead and develop Key Stage 5.
Kingsbury Green Academy, which is part of the successful Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, opened its doors for the first time on the 5th of September 2019. We are an ambitious, forward thinking 11-18 years Academy situated in a beautiful location on the outskirts of Calne in Wiltshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed colleague who will:
- Be an effective and innovative teacher
- Raise achievement through high quality teaching and learning in Mathematics
- Be passionate about teaching Mathematics and Numeracy and have significant evidence of exam success
- Have a good understanding of how data supports and enhances student progress and achievement
- Be an enthusiastic professional committed to providing our students with an outstanding education
- Be able to inspire commitment and enthusiasm for Key Stage 5 Mathematics
- Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
For further information and an application form, please visit the vacancies section of our website or please phone the school reception for any other queries.
Closing date for receipt of applications
9am Monday 19th April 2021
Date to be advised
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications
Kingsbury Green Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment,
Regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Kingsbury Green Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years